cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache DBM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our Live cache log backup runs to tape, sometimes this may fail and our log area starts increasing, when we try to take a log backup uisng DBMGUI or DBMCLI we get below error.

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: SQL error

-104,DBM command impossible at this time

Can you please help how to resolve this ?, since it is something critical for us during our business close end,

Thanks,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Our Live cache log backup runs to tape, sometimes this may fail and our log area starts increasing, when we try to take a log backup uisng DBMGUI or DBMCLI we get below error.

Hmm... that is usually not the way it should work - I assume you're employing a third party backup tool here?

If not, than you definitively shouldn't create the log backup directly to tape.

Instead you should use the AUTOLOG backup to the filesystem and afterwards archive the backups to the tape.

> ERR

> -24988,ERR_SQL: SQL error

> -104,DBM command impossible at this time

Well, it means what it says: for some reason (e.g. there is already a backup running) you cannot start the backup right now.

For more detailed answers we need to see the log files of the database.

> Can you please help how to resolve this ?, since it is something critical for us during our business close end,

Hmm... what has your liveCache to do with your business (month?) end closing??

Anyhow, if something is important1, critical2 or urgent3 then the forum might not be the place to go.

In such cases always open a support message - there you've got guaranteed response times.

regards,

Lars

-

please don't blame me for adding the numbers to the three bad words above - this was the only way to get around the awkward content filtering of this forum

Edited by: Lars Breddemann on Sep 4, 2009 9:47 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars for your response.

Yes we do employ a 3rd party vendor to backup logs.

After succesfully try of 100 times the backup works using DBGUI or DBMCLI. Not sure how and what is the reason behind this.

Yes I do see that this issue usually happens when there is a backup running to tape and when I check using DBACOKPIT it states "Undefined" state

"Hmm... what has your liveCache to do with your business (month?) end closing??"

Well in reality there is nothing to do with business close end, but in reality if the LC log area becomes full our R/3 will not be able to do ATP checks and other functional stuff where in an APO is required.

Anyways thanks once again for your response.