cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to recover disk space on a test client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

We are running SAP IDES system on a test machine. We use this system just to retrieve data. We rarely add any data to the system. Despite this, the system keeps on taking more disk space. In less than six months, we are up to 365G.

What can I do to reduce the disk space usage?

I have already backed up SQL Server data to a new drive. However, this has not made much of a difference.

I would appreciate any ideas you may have to reduce the disk space usage.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As suggested by Rishi please schedule the housekeeping jobs and switch off the redologs if no backups are required or offline backups are done without the need of a point in time recovery (as is a test system).

Read,

Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

@Srinivas Korva

Archiving the data beside been not required in this scenario, will not reduce the size of the database until a full reorganization is done.... I don't think this is a serious answer.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check for any core dump files

check for for archived logs in saparch directory and move them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to archive the data, it will decrease the database size...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please turn off the archive logs.Check that trace are not enabled on the system .Check the /usr/sap/SID/DV*/work directory and delet the old logs and the trace.Reset the trace in SM50.

Check that the stats are getting generated if yes then delete them from St03n.

Check that you have job scheduled for deleting the finished jobs.or you can delete the finished jobs by running the program RSBTCDEL.

As far as i know when an IDES is installed it takes 250 to 280 GB of space.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol