SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail:Markdown planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me how to do markdown planning?what are the settings that we do for markdown planning?I dont know the topic about markdown planning in IS-R.

Regards

Swamy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swamy,

If your answer is yes for following question, then you have to use Markdown planning.

"Can you define markdown rules that state when (after how many days) a certain percentage of the original sales price is to become valid?"

Markdown Planning shall be be used to sell articles if target sales not achived.

A markdown rule can be entered as the default rule in the markdown type. However, this can be overwritten at article item level. However, this can be overwritten at article item level. However, this can be overwritten at article item level

When you process markdown price plans in the Price Planning Workbench (PPW), you can change or reject markdown proposals.

In markdown planning, you can define price changes at distirbution chain and Site level. You can use rounding profiles too.

Steps:

(1) Planning Markdowns

(2) Price activation

(3) Sale of articles

(4) Analysis of Sales

(5) Adjustment of markdown planning if req'd

Bye,

Muralidhara

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swamy,

If your answer is yes for following question, then you have to use Markdown planning.

"Can you define markdown rules that state when (after how many days) a certain percentage of the original sales price is to become valid?"

Markdown Planning shall be be used to sell articles if target sales not achived.

A markdown rule can be entered as the default rule in the markdown type. However, this can be overwritten at article item level. However, this can be overwritten at article item level. However, this can be overwritten at article item level

When you process markdown price plans in the Price Planning Workbench (PPW), you can change or reject markdown proposals.

In markdown planning, you can define price changes at distirbution chain and Site level. You can use rounding profiles too.

Steps:

(1) Planning Markdowns

(2) Price activation

(3) Sale of articles

(4) Analysis of Sales

(5) Adjustment of markdown planning if req'd

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi,

No theory.Try to explain me the concept in SAP.The settings we do to get and to maintain markdown planning?complete process dont give in a line answer.

Bye

Swamy

0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

Markdown planning is not a concept that can be explained complete here. It has a whole lot of masterdata and configuration that has to be done both in SAP IS Retail and SAP BI.

The config document alone goes into more than 50 pages for the last project that I did.

Incase you need an introduction let me know.

Incase you need the detailed config and conceptual knowledge read IRT 320 course book.

Cheers

Barry

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

You can download the SAP best practice from SAP service market place.

http://help.sap.com/bp_retail603/BBLibrary/html/716_EN_US.HTM

- Barry

0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly said by Barry, its very difficult to answer your basic question.

For more details, try to attend SAP IS Retail Class room training or self study IRT Series course material.

Bye and all the best,

Muralidhara