cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting this error from long time in DB13 (CheckDB) after that I have add data file also to drive k: where we have physical more space. we donu2019t have physical space left in G: drive and in further we are not able to add more physical space.

BR0969I Checking database administration...
BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: FILE_SYSTEM_FULL, object: G:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA, value: 98.23% (>= 95%)

I need to no why this error still coming when I have extended the datafile.Please suggest how to solve this issue

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This message says that your below file system is full

FILE_SYSTEM_FULL, object: G:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA, value: 98.23%

your G: drive is having no sapce left and you can not resolve the issue by adding datafile.You can move the mirrlog to some other drive by changing in the init<sid>.ora file.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Can you please tell me the process and what caution i have to take before doing the said process.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

Normally there will be one file under G:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA called 1st mirror copy of online redolog file 1.This file will be having a fixed size and does not grow beyond that.In your case the G: drive became full for some other file that keep growing.

So you check what made the file system full and do not put more files into the drive.if there is no file that grow automatically like logfile then you can ignore this message.

the method to move your mirrlog will be as below.

take backup of your system ,copy thr file under the directory mirrlog shut down sap and oracle.

take backup of your init<sid>.ora and do the modification to the file.

in the file init<sid>.ora mirrlog destination G:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA with some new drive for example <drive>:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA and then copy the file below G:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA to the new drive and start your database.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar, directory G:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA does not contain a datafile, it contains an online redolog.

System is telling you that disk G is full at 98.23% which is higher than the 95% threshold.

So, try one of the solutions:

1. go in transaction DB17, look for FILE_SYSTEM_FULL and increase to 98.5%

2. move file on another disk

3. increase size of G: drive

4. delete or move unnecessary files that is located on G: drive

so, you have 4 possible solutions, choose the one that is appropriate for you you and your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

Thanks , Can you the me step for move the datafile online form BR tools.

Regards,

Kumar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure you can do this with BR*Tools, but you can surely do it with SQLPLUS.

check http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/9i/server.920/a96521/onlineredo.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any file in auto extent mode?

Below note might give you some reasoning...

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/849484