cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PS certification exams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am studying and planning to take a certification exam. I need some inputs about PS certification exam. I found from SAP website there are 2 exams relevant to Project System area, both of which are the same level.

1. Exam Name: SAP Certified Solution Consultant PLM - Project Management with SAP ERP 2005

Software Component: SAP ERP Central Component 6.0

Exam Code: C_TPLM22_05

2. Exam Name: SAP Certified Application Associate - Project Management with SAP ERP 6.0

Booking Code: C_TPLM22_60

I was wondering what are the differences between the two. SAP said the second is a more updated test. The two exams are based on ERP 6.0. The first one is only available through SAP education center. The second is available noth at SAP and Pearson Vue location. Yet, the first one sounds to be of a higher level.

Any suggestions/advise would be very much appreciated.

Monica.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor

the one with ERP 6.0 is the latest one - go for that one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your inputs. Also, Any ideas one what is the passing scores?? I checked the link on SAP webpage but it does not work.

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. C_TPLM22_05 - SAP Certified Solution Consultant PLM - Project Management with SAP ERP 2005

It includes SAP PLM 235 course material along with PLM 200, 210 220, 230,

2. C_TPLM22_60 - SAP Certified Application Associate - Project Management with SAP ERP 6.0

It is not including the PLM 235 course.

This is the basic difference between it. IN Certification there are 6 -7 areas , in each of them you have to score more than 70 % , there many few multiple answer questions as well. Finally over score will come it should be higher than 70 %. So, I ideally weight all the topics equally,

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

hi all

I need certification in Project System i have manual sap ps (PLM 200,210,220, 230,235 & 240). i ask to expert to tell me is there any change in the course of SA PS let me know because I have 2004 manual and is there any update about that document let me know because i want to prepare cerification in new manual.

regards

shafaat

Patelsa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shafaat,

Now i am planning to apply for SAP PS Certification could you please kind enough to share the EXAM Materials (PLM 210,235 & 240) i have the rest of 2006 version. my email is patelsajju@gmail.com.

In this time hope you may completed the exams /

Congrat....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all!

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I wrote to SAP asking the difference the between the two exams, I got reply saying that there is different in version and the topics covered. But both are associate level only, there is no difference in level.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ahmed, You are right. Both are associate level. But there is course difference of only PLM235 - Project Management u2013 WBS Controlled Project Accounting.

But When I have enquired at that time they have told me to take up including PLM235 exam. but lt's long back. If you really want the infromation of professional than please write to SAP they will provide you details.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, So you mean to say that C_TPLM22_05 would be better choice than C_TPLM22_60...

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor

If we consider PLM Uubrella of current than there are primarily three Exams in it. One of PM and another two of PS. If you have given C_TPLM22_05 is covering full course material of PS, ( Than C_TPLM22_60 is covered in it. ) It depend's in which way we have to take the certification exam, only for making weight to our profile or to get indepth knowledge. No one is asking as of now which exam you have given. finally matters is that are SAP PS certified Associate Consultant or not ?

I hope , I have replied your question.

With Regards

Nitin P .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I took C_TPLM22_60 and I've passed it last year. For most certification exams you indeed need 70% but for this one 60% was enough. You will be informed at the beginning of the exam what is the needed rate. If you have PLM200/210/.../240 trainings - review carefully the sections with questions after each chapter. The certification questions are similar.

Good luck

Aleksandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandra W, I'm encouraged to see that someone has written and passed the C_TPLM22_60 exam. I'm preparing to take same exam by self study. I've put in a lot of time and effort but will appreciate any advice given from you since you've written the exam and passed.

Patelsa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

Now i am planning to apply for SAP PS Certification could you please kind enough to share the EXAM Materials (PLM 210,235 & 240) i have the rest of 2006 version. my email is patelsajju@gmail.com.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

If you are new to SAP / PS , go for associate consultant certifucation where you need to score more tha 70% for passing.

Whereas the other is consultant which is more advanced and experienced certification which i prefer you to skip it.

Anyway, getting SAP certification is more important rather than to which level you are appearing.....

Hope i m clear...