cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SAP Content Repositry in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to update SAP content repositry in XI Dev and XI Prd server.

XI DEV has the following information in Administration--> Details:

Required SAP CIM Model Version: 1.4.29

CR Content Version (sld/active): SAP_CR 2.3

Other Import Content Versions (sld/active): No other imports detected

Namespace Objects Classes Instances AssocClasses AssocInst QualDecl Model Version

sld/active 114277 252 42384 395 71216 30 1.4.31

XI PRD has the following information in Administration--> Details:

Required SAP CIM Model Version: 1.4.29

CR Content Version (sld/active): No versioned CR imports detected

Other Import Content Versions (sld/active): ALL 1.0

Namespace Objects Classes Instances AssocClasses AssocInst QualDecl Model Version

sld/active 113466 252 42039 395 70750 30 1.4.31

Questions:

1. Which is the current Model version? 1.4.31 or 1.4.29 in both servers. (I think it is 1.4.31 but would like to confirm it).

2. In XI Dev server, CR Content version is SAP_CR 2.3 but in XI PRD, no versioned CR imports detected. What could be the cause of this difference?

3. In XI DEV, there is no Other Import Content Versions (sld/active) detected but in XI PRD, it shows the value of ALL 1.0.

Any reason of difference?

can these differences in both instance create any problem during the update of CR?

oss note 669669 describe to update the SLD CR. If someone has some suggestions, pls share it with me.

Thanks

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Your Model Version is 1.4.31.

2.3. This is absolutely fine. The SAP CR content was never directly imported to PRD. So, it says no version CR imports detected.

The SAP CR content was imported into Dev. No other content was imported. Hence it says no Other Import Conetent.

The CR content into PRD was imported from your dev/qa SLD.

When you export the content from SLD, based on the options you chose, the data files will be generated.In your case, when the CR content was exported, ALL option was chosen, and hence you see ALL 1.0. This also indicates there was only one import.

Next time when you export from Dev, the version would change.

These things should not cause any issues. Please spend enough time in getting the details before you go for it.

If you have noticed in the s-note, you have one import for model and several delta imports for CR content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reddy for help.

Lat question: Should i import the CR in XI DEV and export to the XI PRD or

i should import CR in both DEV and PRD?

Which should be the best way to do it?

Thanks again for all your help.

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way depends on what SLD architecture you have in your landscape. If you export from dev with the option all(It includes all the other landscape data as well), and import into prod, you are running the risk of bringing in some bad landscape data into prod.

To be on safer side you can import into both dev and prod. you need to take a call after analyzing the situation.