SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message FMBAS202 Year of cash effectivity mandatory for budget cat 9G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I activated BCS and use update profile 000350 (Separate PB/CB budget lines; standard), we tried to post simple FI posting and the error come up

==============================================================

Year of cash effectivity mandatory for budget category 9G

Message no. FMBAS202

Diagnosis

The FM update profile does not support the year of cash effectivity for commitment/actual values (posting ledger 9B). However, the year of cash effectivity is mandatory in BCS budgeting for budget category 9G and FM area 0100: the minimum value in this case is 2009.

System Response

Processing of the commitment/actual data record stops.

Procedure

Deactivate the year of cash effectivity for the corresponding budget category 9G and FM area 0100 in the IMG activity Choose Budget Category.

===============================================================

So I click the link and it goes to Define Budget Category screen where we assign budget category (9G) and time horizon (1) to a FM area, but not mention of deactivating year of cash activity.

My question is:

1. Where is the button to deactivate the year of cash effectivity?

2. What's the difference between budget category 9B and 9G? Both are Commitment Budget.

3. I dont remember assigning budget category 9B to an FM area. Where is the setting?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that;s what I thought, I once put number in that field, but now I deleted it. Its still asking me to put the Year of Cash Activity (for example during FMBBC).

My budget can not be released too usng FMMPRELE which I believe is related to Year of Cash Activity. How do I make it deactivated or how do I know if its really deactivated.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you go to IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - BCS Budgeting - Basic Settings - Definition of Budget Data - Choose Budget Category, what's the settings for 'Time horizon' field? It should be blank for 9G(commitment), if you don't work with cash effectivity.

9B is posting ledger, while 9G is budget ledger. You don't have to assign 9A/9B to FM area.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that;s what I thought, I once put number in that field, but now I deleted it. Its still asking me to put the Year of Cash Activity (for example during FMBBC).

My budget can not be released too usng FMMPRELE which I believe is related to Year of Cash Activity. How do I make it deactivated or how do I know if its really deactivated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

You don't have flag switched in the categories (same screen), do you?