cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional SOAP errors when making web service calls from C#

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a C# application making web service calls to RFCs (non-NCO, SAP 4.7, WAS 6.40) and occasionally getting the following error:

The 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope' start tag on line '1' does not match the end tag of 'SOAP-ENV:Envel'. Line 1, position 34560.

This error happens randomly and can occur, not occur, and occur again for the exact same call (same data, same web service call). I anticipate that we might have a missing configuration on one of our application servers, but don't know where to tell BASIS to look. Any ideas or other help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be very helpfull to have the full XML that went over the wire when the error occurs. This could be the log of a network sniffer or of one of the participating entities (client or server). This log could prove that either one of the parties created an invalid XML or that some data has been lost on the wire.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's going to be difficult. The random nature of the error makes it impossible to reproduce (so far) in our Development and Test environments. Since the error is coming from the SAP side, I believe I would need a sniffer on each production application server in order to try to catch this and that would result in some very large log files. Is there any log file or other SAP transaction that might already be capturing these failures?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could immagine that either the ICM tracefile (dev_i) or the corresponding workprocesss tracefile (dev_w) could contain it. Best you scan the "work" folder for the SOAP tags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, we haven't found the problem yet, but I appreciate the help. I'm working to get a SOAP sniffer on the production service and see if I can follow the SOAP tags across the wire.