cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Service User

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create a Service User in the portal. I've come across this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cfdc9e90-0201-0010-6780-cc3...

On page 7, it says that "Service Users reside only in the database. This can be achieved by settings in the configuration file."

It then goes on to say that several service users such as cmadmin_service are added by KM. My question is, how do I add my own service users? My portal is not using LDAP as a user repository, just the portal DB.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service users are defined as regular users with their own namespace.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ... not yet. I've had to move on, so I redesigned what I was doing so that the call made in an iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt -

Did you ever discover how to create your own service user? We have a need to do the same thing, and I'm interested to hear what you have found.

Thank you in advance,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, thanks for the reponse -

Yes - I believe the namespace is $serviceUser$. Since our portal is not integrated with a user repository like AD, how would I create a service user with appropriate namespace? Creating users via the User Administration role, I cannot assign the new users to the $serviceUser$ namespace. Do I have to write some SQL to insert into the user database table?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean exactly by Service User ? Service users for ?