cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBLI_RC_LOAD_LIB_FAILED when running prepare tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running the Prepare process on a BI Sandbox environment and I am getting the error '2EETW169 no connect possible: "connect failed with DBLI_RC_LOAD_LIB_FAILED." in the R3up.eco log. The kernel is 640, and the database is 10g, running prepare to go to 700.

I did replace the r3trans.exe with a later version per the prepare instructions, so the version I have in the path is version 6.14 (release 700 - 28.07.08) The dboraslib.dll and pdb version are 640. If I replace those with the 700 versions, I get a different error telling me that it cannot find the dboraslib.dll file in the path (although the file is the same name as the previous version).

The odd thing I see is that prepare is running the R3trans.exe process from \usr\sap\BS1\sys\exe\run, when I would have thought it would be running the r3trans.exe process in the \usr\sap\put\exe path instead. If I drop to a cmd prompt and path to the r3trans.exe copy prepare is running, and do a r3trans - d it is successful - no error. I am pretty sure my environment variables are set correctly, and the system is working as it should, I am just stuck at this point in the prepare process.

I know for fact it is using the dboralib.dll and pdb file from the \sys\exe\run folder, because I can rename them and see the error change in the log. At this point I am thinking there is an incompatibility between the r3trans.exe and the library files, but I have nothing in the logs evidencing that.

Env variables set for user (logged on as <sid>adm)

dbms_type=ORA

Oracle_Home=d:\oracle\BS1\102

ORACLE_SID=BS1

SAPDATA_HOME=d:\oracle\BS1

SAPLOCALHOST=<set to hostname of server>

PATH=d:\usr\sap\BS1\sys\exe

dbs_ora_tnsname=BS1

Java_Home=<path to java>

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

If you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable set in the system env you can remove it and reboot the server and start prepare.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have this parameter set in either system or user environment variables.