cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Univer Prompt Date Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a date prompt. The users can enter a date or they can leave the Date as null. If they leave the Date prompt as Null It has to go and fetch all the Data even if the date field does not have any value. The problem here is if they leave it as null then i am running into an issue of Date column comparing it against a NULL Value. Is there a way for me to handle this issue.

-Prabu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try adding an OR condition:

( '' = @Prompt('<Text>','A',{'Class\Object'},mono,free) OR Object = @Prompt('<Text>','A',{'Class\Object'},mono,free) )

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupkumar_rai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shrininas,

The feature "Optional Prompt" is designed to address exaclty the same use case. When creating prompt in the webi, click prompt properties and check on optional prompt. This will ensure that when you do not enter any value in the prompt, all the values will be displayed. I think this feature is avilable from XIR3 onwards

Thanks

-Anup-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get all the dates then you have to create a all object andshould place it in existing lovs. Try like this.

1. In the lovs odf the date object i.e date object-> right click ->clicko n edit lovs -> then a query panel opens for you there modify the existing query to

Select distinct(dates) from ........... to

select distinct(dates) from ................

union

select ' ALL' from dual; ---> where dual is temporary table if back end is oracle. then in date object in universe try with the below synatx as

Date = (@Prompt('<Prompt message>','A',{'Class\Object'},mono,free) or "ALL '' = @Prompt('<Text>','A',{'Class\Object'},mono,free) .

In your case replace all with SIgle quotations.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.