cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of config objects...business system prblem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We want to transport dev and config objects from XI qua to a XI test server... we hav successfully transported all design objects...but we are facing problem while transporting the config objects because of business and technical system issue....the business system in quality points the ECC quality....how can i tranposrt the config objects with same business system name....is there any way??

Thnx in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create with the same business system name in sld and have your server name different. Then it should be ok. Normally we dont do like this. We have a seperate naming conventions for dev, qa and prod.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx satish and madhu for quick response....i will create business and technical systems in test server SLD with same name as that of in qua SLD....then wht i have to give in group...more more clarification can u provide me any step by step guide....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell why you are uisng QA and test systems separately. Usually we have dev, qa and prod. But in qa only you have two systems. Do you have two different systems or two different clients?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will be Maintained in SLD .You know what will be Business system name in Quality or Production.

While Creating Business system you need specify in the Transport Tab which is your Target Business System and also the Group like Production or Quality ,

When you do transport from Development and for the Dev_Bs (Bussiness system ) if you assign the Qaulity System Bussiness system ,it automatically move the object under Quality Business System.

if this setup is done in SLD when you do transport the Configuration Object It Automatically assigns the Quality and production Business System if you are doing Transport from Dev Respectively.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Madhu

Edited by: Madhusudhan Honnappa on Sep 3, 2009 8:11 PM