Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDS version problem

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using NetWeaver Developer Workplace SP4 which has NetWeaver Studio 2.0.3. However this version of NDS is giving problems when i click on the Implementation tab it does not allow me to see the code and infact a blank screen appears. The log only shows Null Pointer Exception.

Please let me know what can be the probable reason for the same.

Also if i download the NDS SP4 from service.sap.com what will be the side effects of using this version with Workplace version SP4.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening,

The only reason NW doesn't show implementation tab is that original source was broken somehow: invalid xml, or missing @@begin / @@end comments pair.

In addition to Stefan advise, try to open Controller source file in regular XML editor and check it for validity.

Valery.

P.S. Also once I got blank screen on view layout itself, when inadvertisely rename root XML element of .wdview file as part of bulk package renaming of application. Heck, it's so easy to make error in regular expressions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

Earlier versions of NDS had some bugs packaged with it:-) Guess the latest version might solve your problem and many other ones too(not necessarily). Why don't you try that out?

~Shakeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

please check, if you have a DropDownByKey element somewhere without having bound the selectedKey property to a context attribute. In earlier versions of NWDS this leaded to the behaviour you describes (you should see a corresponding error in the Tasks view also).

Regarding the versions NWDS<->WAS it's recommended, that you always use the SPx version of the NWDS with the corresponding SPx version of the WAS. So you should use NWDS 2.0.4 with WAS SP4 i guess.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan