cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO RFC Server - defining a repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're creating an RFC listener through JCO, and I'm not entirely sure where definitions for the RFCs go. Originally, we had the RFC definitions defined as stubbed out shell Functions, and in the Java code as a JCO.MetaData repository definition as well. It seems like the stubs in SAP don't actually matter, and it only needs the JCO.MetaData functions, but I'm not sure.

While I'm at it, if it is possible to not actually define the parameters to an RFC in a java-side repository, that would be great. We're planning on supporting Unicode, and those MetaData definitions look scary.

Thanks,

Corey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I just answered my own question. Can someone verify?

You have to define the repository on the Java side, and there should be no matching remote enabled function on the SAP side <i>if </i> you want a static repository.

If you want a dynamic repository, then the remote enabled RFCs must exist on the SAP side, and a connection from Java to the SAP system must exist so that the repository may be dynamically retrieved.

Is this all correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi corey,

Did you get an anwser? If so, how did you recieve the meta data dynamically from the SAP system?

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Marinus