cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide fields in message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to tell PI not to display parts of a message in message monitoring ?

For example, the password is passwed in message content. It should not be available in monitoring sxmb_moni ?

It would be nice , if we could set fields of a message as secure... ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Protection does not work on field/tag level. SXMB_MONI and RWB take the payload as a whole and do not further inspect the content.

If you have to transfer passwords through payload you should take care of encryption/decryption on application level.

Sender application encrypts password and receiver application decrypts password.

By the way: In general it is not a good idea to store and/or transfer (critical) passwords in human-readable format.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

We are using soap axis adapter. Do you know if it would be possible to replace tags in the message just before sending.

This way , we could just change the user and pwd tag before sending through https and they wouldn't be logged.

From what I've read this could only be done using our own custom developped handlers.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would recommend to create a customer-own adapter module and place it in SOAP Axis Adapter. There is a very good how-to guide in SDN. But unfortunately I currently do not have the link and searching for that Guide is not a task of 1-2 minutes. SAP has hidden this guide very good ... I don't know why.

Maybe someone else has the link out-of-the-box.

In your adapter module you can parse the payload and manipulate it as you need it. But please keep in mind: The message transferred from sender to PI still contains that password stuff, until you manipulate it in the Adapter.

Regards,

Volker

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

I dont think we can do for one field until unless you use an adapter module. But you can do the whole message not to be displayed in moni and rwb for that message.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could complete Control the Access for the Payload in SXMB_MONI and Runtime Workbench.But I don't no we can able to do it at the Field level.

Please have look at the this blog for Payload level Authorization for the User.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7e4105db-0601-0010-bf87-bd3f714f2c0c&overrid...

Thanks,

Madhu