cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text shifting Right when printing smarform in Dot matrix printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed a payslip in smart form. I am printing the smartform in dot matrix printer. when there is blank between 2 values like one of the deductions is blank between 2 values while printing its will shift to right indefinitely even though in the print preview it is appearing correctly. In the same way in the last line i am printing Total earnings deductions n net pay... Total earnings has to be printed approximately after 6 cms from left margin in print preview it is exactly where i wanted but when printing its printing after almost 8 - 9 cms

I have created a Z page format to fit the copying 6 inch page and added code to make necessary changes to print in continuously

Kindly help me to overcome the issue.

Any help appreciable....

Shivakumar K B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivakumar,

Am facing the same problem...could u find the solution for the same....?

Thanks,

Nidhi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI venkat,

I am calcuting the values in Betrg value which is currency field.... while displaying i am passing it to character and condensing it and then displaying in smartform....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I am trying to display the text in the template which is of the exact size as in preprinted stationary, in paragraph format i am not using space between variables..

To be clear.................... I am getting my print preview is correctly but when i give it for printing the text is shifting right...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you displaying the Currency values in Compression mode..means &AMOUNT(C)& like this. Just try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How u doing the Formating?

better use Paragraph formats to fix certain length between the variables..

Rgds,

Pavan