cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supports portal integration error - Access is Denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm integrating some custom BSP applications into EP6 SP16 portal environment. I noticed when I create BSP iview and preview in portal I get a JavaScript error 'access is denied'. The application still runs just showing JavaScript error in bottom left corner of browser window. I did notice this only occurs when I checked off the 'Supports Portal Integration' checkbox for that BSP application. If I remove checkbox the error does not occur. Also the WAS and portal are in different domains. Can anyone tell me the best way to fix this issue other than un-checking the 'Supports Portal Integration’? Also if I decided to leave unchecked what are the downsides of this?

Thanks,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

First you need to know why do check or uncheck the check box "Support Portal Integration".

In order to find out go through this link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/83/132197c3564643af326a5ebccb604f/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Message was edited by: Maheswaran B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maheswaran,

First of all thanks for sending the link it was very helpful information. After reading the documentation I do need to check off 'Supports Portal Integration' since my BSP is stateful and we have several BSP's on one portal page. Based on documentation all I need to do is click the magical little checkbox 'Supports Portal Integration' and that’s all. Well as I mentioned after doing this I JavaScript error 'Access is Denied'. Do you know if this is a bug in WAS and if so how to fix or even workaround? We are currently on Netweaver 04 WAS 6.4 SP15.

Thanks,

Gary R.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

When you Preview your bsp iview, you need to give authentication details(Username & Password) which are related to the bsp application. i.e. Authentication Details related to the server which has that bsp application.

Are you giving the correct username and password when you are previewing the bsp iview?

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maheswaran,

Yes, I’m providing the correct authentication information for running BSP application. The BSP run’s fine other than the JavaScript error message ‘Access is Denied’. The message shows up in lower left corner of IE browser window. I can uncheck the BSP option in SE80 for ‘Supports Portal Integration’ and re-run iview and no error message occurs. Only when I activate this option for BSP in SE80 I get error this error message. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

This javaScript error is caused because a page on the Web AS references a portal page, which are not on the same domain.

You can use the parameter sap-domainrelax as explained here

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/7c383f717b5f03e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/7c383f717b5f03e10000000a114084/frameset.htm</a>

kr,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

This was my original thinking and I set the BSP iview Application Parameter to 'sap-domainRelax=max'. When I preview the iview I still get same error message 'access is denied'. Any other ideals how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Gary R.

0 Kudos

I solved this issue adding the following before calling the frame for first time,

and also inside the frame, at the beginning.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

var liBehindFirstDot = location.hostname.indexOf( "." ) + 1;

if (liBehindFirstDot > 0) {

document.domain = location.hostname.substr( liBehindFirstDot );

}

</script>