Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search on Custom fields in PC-UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to PC-UI and have some queries on how to enhance the PC-UI:

a) We have some custom fields added (Z fields in crmd_Customer_h table) in CRM for Service Orders. Now we want to enable search based upon these Z fields. I have already enhanced the structure to include these fields. Is there any BADI where I could go and try to filter records based upon these fields?

b) I would also want some other z fields (from crmd_customer_h table) also to be a part of the result list. I have already enhanced the structure and the fields appear but with blank values. Where do I code for populating the values?

c) While doing enhancements, should I make a Z copy of the standard Model Access Class or can I directly modify the same?

Will really appreciate any pointers / help in this regard.

Thanks and regards

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

have a look at

regards

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

First a question, why did you not use eewb to create your new fields?

Doing so, the fields are also created for PCUI (enhancement of the structure, the search,...).

For your questions, you have to create a Z MAC (copy of inherited of the standard MAC).

A. Put your additional search in the query method or in the after_search method.

B. Even if you create your Z fields via eewb, the y will not be popolated correctly in the search result list (see oss note 754461). If you want to get your values, you have to modifie the read method.

C. direct modification of the class is a modification of the standard...

Regards,

Frédéric