cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Capitalization for projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can we partially capitalize the project cost ? Exmaple : Rs.100 is in CWIP account i.e AUC for project. Can i capitalize Rs.20 (Say) or some percentage of it to fixed asset ?

If yes , then what is the process and the configuration changes if any are required ? Please Suggest

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

I am assuming you want to capitalize AuC to multiple fixed assets. If this is correct, you can create distribution rule for the WBS assigned to AuC and mentioen multiple Fixed Assets and provide percentage or equivalence number ( ratio).

The when you run the final settlement the capitalization of AuC asset takes place to the respective assets based on the pecentage maintained . You can maintain distribution rule in WBS --> settlement rule.

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for this help. Can i have a settlement like this :-

Out of Rs.100 , i want to capitalize Rs.20 at a time to Asset "A" (Say) So for the 1st month Rs.80 will be in CWIP only. , Next month (say) i want to capitalize the balance amount i.e Rs.80 to the same asset "A"

Is it possible and how?

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to use Amount field in the settlement rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the option of period valid from and period valid to.

Your distribution rule should look like this

Asset A -Percentage- 20%- Valid from - Month 1 Fiscal year- 2009 Valid to- Month1 Fiscal year- 2009

Asset A- Percentage- 80%- Valid from - Month 2 Fiscal year- 2009 Valid to- Month 2 Fiscal year- 2009

Try this and then settle cost and let us know

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I tried many test cases but still system picks 100% amount and move to Fixed asset.

Scenario i took is like this :

WBS 1 : Cost booked = Rs.100 (Posting date= 01/01/2009)

Settlement to CWIP = Rs.100 (Settlement period = 10, fiscal year= 2008)

Status changed to TECO

Settlement Rule applied as below

Fixed asset 1 - Equivalence no.= 2 , from period= 1, from year= 2008, to year = 2008, to period = 10

Fixed Asset 2- Equivalence no.= 8 , from period= 11, from year= 2008, to year = 2008, to period = 11

Settlement to fixed asset = Rs. 100 (Settlement period = 10, fiscal year = 2008)

Here i wanted effect is as below -: In the month of Jan09 i wanted to capitalize only Rs.20 after settlement, and when i would run it in the month of Feb.09 it should capitalize balance Rs.80, but as you see it moves all Rs.100 to fixed asset

If possible try at your end and let me know.

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I have exactly the same problem and is unable to do a partial settlement on a PS project,

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sonja