cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while mainatining packing material in POP1 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are mainatined the 'determination of packing instructions'. I have created a VERP material and a FERT material. When i try to create packing instructions using POP1 transaction for this material i get an error message ' Material is not a packing material (Loading equipment)'. I am sure that the material i am using is a Verp material.

I would like to know if i am missing any master data setting or customization settings. Any inputs in resolving this issue will be of great help.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Please check whether you have maintained "Packaging mat. type" field in Material master Sales: General/Plant Data view. If not maintained plz maintain it.

Nagesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am mainatining the packing material with item category 'P' first. The system throws error when i enter the packing material of material type VERP in the first line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the fisrt line item enter the packaging material and in the second line item enter the material that means

Item catergory "P" - Packaging material

Item catergory "M" - Material (Which is to be packed1)

If you give in reverse way you will get the error message what you have maintioned.

Regards,

K.Annadurai.