cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Structure and Subtotals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've created a query in BEx that has a dual structure that serves as our company's income statement. So for example, for each of our "account groups" I've defined the cells accordingly. However, within the structure I want some of the cells to list out the individual accounts and I want some of the cells to only be a subtotal of the individual accounts. For example:

Salaries_001

-GL acct 001_01 $100

-GL acct 001_02 $100

-GL acct 001_03 $100

Employee Benefits_002

-GL acct 002_01 $100

-GL acct 002_02 $100

-GL acct 002_03 $100

Total Salaries and Employee Benefits $600

I can't seem to get the "Total Salaries and Employee Benefits" for the two account groupings to just sum the accounts - it lists out each of the six accounts. I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for any help.

-Jeanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you're absolutely correct - I can do this without creating a dual structure. But I'm still running into the same problem. Yes, GL Account is a hierarchy. Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give me details clearly. I will give a psuedo design. We can work out it.

Follow the below steps:

In the structure:

1> New Formula.(Salaries)(Add all the below New Selections with restrictions)

New Selection(One level Down, restrict with required Gl Accounts

Similarly, create other new selections with respective GL Nodes.

2>At the Same level like Salaries create a New formula(Benefits) again and add up all the new selections below that.

3> In the New Formula add up Salaries and Benefits.

I hope thsi will help you.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

i don't this it is possible to add individulal values of two structures.Try with Single structure as AVR said.

thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shelly,

First let me tell you what I understood.

U have a structure for Salaries and Employee Benefits ....right.

You have in a new selection the GL accounts restricted.

Is GL Account a heirarchy?

Finally want the sum of all in the Row "Total Salaries and Employee Benefits" ...right.

Well why can't you do that with a single structure. If not you can just add a new formula in which you can add up the required ones for both the structures and add up them in the new formula for "Total Salaries and Employee Benefits". Please give more details if I understoon wrongly.