cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restrict view of DIRs assigned to material, vendor, and customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP standard, version ECC 6.0. Different plants in use with requirement for differnt authorizations.

I know that DIRs can be assigned to material master. However, the problem is that it's client level data. Now there is a need to implement DMS with materials, vendors, and customers.

Problem is that company operates in different countries and with different plants. One material/customer/vendor is created and then extended to cover different plants.

Material 1111 has a specification assigned to it, e.g. document type ZSP with DIR 1000001111, this document is at client level.

Person A from plant 1000 can display and maintain it (1000001111) but person B from 2000 must not see this, she has DIR 10000011113 instead (and person A should see this).

If person A has authorizations which are limited by the plant type because of the usage of MM already, do these restrictions apply also to DMS? I haven't found a definite answer for this.

I cannot set a authorization object based on document type and maintaining different uthorization groups is the last option because of the vast number of users.

The same question is for customer. if there is e.g. a contract assigned to customer, can the view be restricted by distribution channel or another field provided by SD (standard solution).

Vendor master is the 3rd major issue. How to limit access to documents?

Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

assign the authorization object of Plant level .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate what is the object you mean. I have serious problems with system and cannot check it.

Thanks,

Pia