Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Rollback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have two doubt:

I have a process that with a Sender JDBC I do SELECTs and UPDATE to a DATABASE. Then when I select a list of entries, these entries are flagged to not be processed again.

1. If there is a problem when I process these entries, by example an error in a Message Mapping, could the changes on the database be rolledback? If could be, is done by XI in a standard way.

2. I have the same doubt to Receiver JDBC, I update an entry on a table, this call to the JDBC is on a BPM, when we get the response the BPM continues running, if there is an error on the BPM, could this entry be rolled back?

Thanks and regards,

Manuel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A better alternative would be to use a Store Procedure with Select and Update statements. This will eliminate data inconsistency.

In case of any Message mapping errors, use BPM to reset the flags for your original Resultset. (like what Krish suggested)

Hope this helps.

Ravi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Please take a look at this blogs and threads:

/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By reality it is not possible to rollback as the adapter is the one which performs the selection and updation . It wont check whether the mapping is successful or not.

But you can design in such a way that if there is a mapping error, you can create one more jdbc channel to select the records and update the Flag back .

With BPM, you can check whether the mapping got successful and depending upon that can do the process.

This applies on the receiver side also.

Regards

Krish