cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in message mapping - Cannot produce target element

Former Member
0 Kudos

As one step in my integration process, I am builing a very simple file to BPM integration (inbound MI async, outbound MI abstract).

The source type and the target type are completely equal - I am only doing some modifications to some of the content.

The type for both messages - source & target message - is an imported external definition (DTD), and hence no DT or MT are created.

As a first step I am trying to fill the target message with the content from the source message (without any modifications to the content). However, when testing this in the message mapping area, I get an error message already when filling the first element, the 'root node'.

The error message is as follows:

Start of test

Compilation of <MM name> successful

Cannot produce target element <elementname>. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd Cannot produce target element <elementname>. . Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd

End of test

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlotte,

<elementname> of your target message type is maintained as mandatory, but your mapping logic does not produce this element. Change the mapping logic or the occurance of the element in the data type.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

when creating the source message manually in the MM it worked - so nothing wrong with the mapping.

I saved this file and compared with the "original file" - containing the content which I wanted to upload, and on which the xsd (external definition) was based - and there where some inconsistancies.

I changed some values in the source XML which made it work, also when uploading the file from a drive.

So, I will go back to the source system and try to get a better XML.

Thanks for now!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the mapping for the root node is defined.

Also try changing the trace to all in the test tab of the mapping to identify where it is failing

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios