cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not parse XMBMessage due to Binary index out of range

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to send a IDoc from SAP ERP to SAP PI. I am getting the following error during Call Adapter.

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1>500</SAP:P1> 
  <SAP:P2>Internal Server Error</SAP:P2> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Could not create Message from TransportMessage. Reason: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessagingException: Could not parse XMBMessage due to Binary index out of range: -2</SAP:AdditionalText> 
  <SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> 
  <SAP:Stack>HTTP response contains status code 500 with the description Internal Server Error Error while sending by HTTP (error code: 500, error text: Internal Server Error)</SAP:Stack>

The receiver Communication Chennel is a SOAP Adapter. This is adapter used for splitting messages on the Integration Server. The error has appeared after updating with SP18 on the SP19 for SAP PI 7.0

Can somebody please explain how to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My messages is very small. It's 19302 byte. This problem has appeared after installation SP19.

I used note 870864 and [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/12/5dd23aaad7b3408dde3c1577fda5b3/frameset.htm] for the stoping and starting Integration Server.

Also problem has appeared with Receiver SOAP Adapter. Messages stoped in the Communication Chennal with "SOAP: call failed: java.lang.NullPointerException" errors.

What could occur?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check what is the size of message?

Usually I faced this issue way back because of huge message size but no exact reason was known.

However I found this SAP Note Number: 1362573 related to same issue with mail adapter.

Regards,

Gourav