Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source of Supply - if contract exist is not possible to select a different

fmainiero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue on SRM 5.0 classic scenario.

When, during SC creation, system determine automatically a source of supply for a given product category, is not possible to select a different vendor.

For example for prod cat A001 I have 1 contract (C000001) for vandor 100001.

When I create a SC for PC A001 system automatically assign contract C000001 as SOS and even if I try to change SOS deleting assignement to contract, I cannot chose a different supplier, I can only select C000001.

Could you please help me to understand if it's a customizing step missing or the standard behavior?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Francesco

PS: I didn't set the Vendor lis only in Sourcing Customizing!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

In 5.0, this is the standard system behaviour. A shopping user can be anyone in the organization, therefore SAP wants to prevent regular users (non-buyers) from assigning incorrect vendors to POs.

The user can delete the contract from SoS area, so then the system will not be able to create a PO, and will create a Requisition instead (if this is how your business scenario is configured). A professional buyer can then assign the right vendor and convert the Requisition to PO.

Cheers,

Serguei

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi francessco

do you have only one contract for that product category?

are you maintaining the contract in the source list if you are in classic scenario?

if you have more than one contract you might get select option which one you want to use.

you can create one dumy contract so you can select manually now .

does it make sense?

so you may avoid automatic assignments.

br

muthu

fmainiero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I have just one contract on ECC for that product category.

I didn't maintain Vendor list on ECC (which are the possible Source of supply I can use on SRM?)

I would like to chose a different vendor for which I don't have any contract, info reocrd, vendor list, quota and so on.

Thanks & Regards

Francesco

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI francessco

as i already told you create one dummy contract with zero value

now in sos folder of sc , you get two fixed vendor

1. real contract

2. dummy contract

now manually select real contract and order a cart.

though you dont select non of them, push the cart into cockpit and let buyer assign the suitable vendor to create a follow on document.

since here you have only one contract, it assigns automatically.

br

muthu

fmainiero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I'm worjing on Classic Scenario so PO should be automatically created on ECC after approval.

Thanks

Francesco

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

once you assigned a fixed vendor in sc i.e sc ordered, upon settings , sc goes to approval if necessary . after approval PO creates in ECC. then in ECC you can view the PO.

br

muthu

fmainiero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I know the behaviour. But I would like to chose a different vendor that as per my understanding is not possible by standard.

is it correct?

regads

Francesco

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can seelct source of supply if you have more than one source of supply in the cart. so you must make more than one source of supply to select .

for eg. delete the fixed vendor which you get automatically as a fixed vendor.

and search a prefered vendor and now sc either create a PR (classic) or incomplete PO(ECS) if you dont set up any sourcing

if sourcing without assign sos config . will take the cart in cockpit for vendor determination. then Purchase will assign the new vendor or he can decide who can be a vendor and he can create a PO.

br

muthu