cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of BACK button on Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where I am showing a list of PO data on a view (say V1), Once I select a few PO records and click a button, I am navigating to Schedule Line Data on different view (say V2).

From V2 if I want to navigate back to V1, is it a good practice to use Browser BACK button. If I am doing that I am getting system generated message that I should not use browser BACK button..

Any idea? how can I navigate back to V1?

Thanks

Hardik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea on this one guys..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot use the browser's back button for navigation. Instead create a back button in your View2. Also implement the onAction event for this button and in this method fire the Outbound Plug to navigate to view1. Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the work around Radhika.. I am sure, if I put a button on V2 and fire an outbound plug back to V1 it will work..

But any better solution to this.. Any SAP standard practice for this, as this is a very common scenario?

Thanks

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Webdynpro ABAP navigation between views is only possible with the help of plugs. I dont think there is any other standard fucntionality avaliable like using the browser's back button, etc. Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this thread; [] Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks.. It helps.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>But any better solution to this.. Any SAP standard practice for this, as this is a very common scenario?

That is why we have plugs. You can not rely on the browser navigation buttons. If so, what would happen when you Web Dynpro Component is runnning within the Portal or the NetWeaver Business Client. That is why your navigation should be self contained with the component.