cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while uploading CXML data definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am new to PI. I am trying to upload CXML data definition in PI.

But i am geting an error while trying to do this.

Error is as follows:

Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

Reason:

Entity "Method.ANY" already declaredCheck the selected category

For details i can send the screen shots..

Regards

Ansari...

Edited by: Muhammed Ansari Abubekkar on Sep 3, 2009 1:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one provide a solution for this.. Still open..

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

Can you please tell us which transaction you are trying to load like ordercreate, confirmation, shipping or invoice etc?

We ran into these issues then I converted the dtds to xsds in altova xml spy and then uploaded them. Let me know which transactions you are trying to upload?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish...

Thanks for the reply.

My scenario is i am trying to get data from ARIBA system to SAP through XI. I will need to get the Purchase orders, GRs and invoices from ARIBA to SAP.

I downloaded the CXML.DTD from CXML site.. and then used this file as external definition.

But while doing so i am geting this error message. It is a show stopper for me.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you also please explain to me how to do the conversion mentioned above.

dtds to xsds in altova xml spy

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

Open your Fulfill dtd in altova xml spy --> Go to DTD Schema Menu --> Convert DTD / Schema --> W3C Schema and ok --> then saving the file will create 3 xsds. If you save as test then test.xsd, test1.xsd and test2.xsd will be created. Then upload test.xsd into your IR and it should work for you.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish..

Sorry to ask this .. But i am very new to PI.. Can you tell me what is altova xml spy..

And by saying open the DTD file is it that i need to open my CXML.DTD file(which i downloaded from website) in altova xml spy..

How to open it.. It will be helpful if you give me some more details..

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

>what is altova xml spy

It is an application. You can download it from net. But the free trial is only for 30 days.

> saying open the DTD file is it that i need to open my CXML.DTD file(which i downloaded from website)

In the cxml website there is another schema which is fulfill.dtd. You need to download that one also. This has order create, order confirmation, shipping schemas.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish..

Just to confirm what you have told..

Along with the CXML.DTD file i also need to download the Fullfill.dtd file also from the website..

Then i need to download the atova xml spy from the net and then conver the fillfill.dtd file as you mentioned earlier. Once conversion i need to use the first file for creating the data defition in XI(External definition).

But in this case what is the use of cxml.dtd file. Do you have any other supporting documents which i can make use for this.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish..

Just to summarise wht you told..

I need to download the fullfill.zip file from the site and use altova spy to edit it.. Which will create 3 files. i need to use the first file and create external definition.

The zip file contains lot of files. which one should i use.. In the case of the CXML.ZIP i used the file cxml.dtd.

Regards

Ansari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Had similar Issues ,Modify the dtd file with any xml editor (like ALTOVA SPY,STYLUS STUDIO etc....)

1.First Delete the Multiple Declaration of "Method .ANY"

2.replace all "ds:" character with 'ds_'

3.replace all "xades: " with 'xades_'

4.replace all "xmlns" with 'attr_'

if you do these changes to file,then when you convert to xsd it will create only one XSD.

After modifying the dtd convert into XSD.Then import it as external Defination .While mapping use CXML Message as your Source or Target.

Thanks,

Madhu

Edited by: Madhusudhan Honnappa on Sep 3, 2009 5:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,,

I need some more details. Like in my cxml.zip folder i had many files. i am using the cxml.dtd file to create the external definition.

I wil use altova spy to edit the cxml.dtd file.. and then i will upload the file to the XI system. then under the tab imported document i get the code lines. Do i have to edit it there.. Can you please give me some more details on thism

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

Do one thing. Just download the cxml.zip and unzip. You have cxml.dtd. If you are able to upload into IR then thats fine. Else do the process whatever I told. Once done then if you are uploading DTD into XI IR then in external definition choose dtd else if you are doing xsd then select xsd. You cannot edit anythign in IR in external definition.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish..

As you have told i have downloaded the cxml.zip file and then used the cxml.dtd file for the external definition. But i was geting the error.

Now i will install altova and try what you have told and get back to you after that ..

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you download DTD file CXML.ORG,do these steps.

Then use xml alotva spy to convert this dtd into xsd.It will create one xsd file.Import this file asexternal defination,Once you import you see larage number messages in message tab of the external Defination .While mapping when you select the External Defination you select the message name CXML for your source or Target.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu..

I am downloading the file CXML.ZIP .. But this zip folder does not have a file with CXML.ORG..

Instead there is one with the name CXML.DTD.. I will not able to edit that file..

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which one your Trying to download from CXML.org

there is one for Invoice,Catalog another for Fulfill.Once you download any of these file get the .dtd file.Open with Alovta spy or any other xml Editor ,modify the field which I already told you ,then convert the dtd into xsd.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Madhu

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

We are facing some issue with CXML. I have posted a new thread [;.

The content of that thread is pasted below: You can give your solution in the above mentioned thread so that I can grant points.

We need to use cXML for our project. Based on the thread ( [; )

the following steps need to be done with the cXML DTD.

5) After this use Altova to convert the DTD to XSD.

First of all, we could not carry out the 4th point, as in that case Altova says that it is invalid, and it fails to get imported in PI as well.

Without step 4 , if we import it as external definition, then there are certain attributes with type xml:lang coming in Red.

Can anybody tell us on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himadri,

Actally I face the same issue with below point:

Himadri Chakraborty wrote:

Correct step should be:

4.replace all "xmlns:" with 'attr_'

Then it will work as expected, it was just a typing mistake I assume.

Best Regards,

Piotr Radzki