cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS dropdown event trigger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm customising ESS addresses WebDynpro component, I have a situation and would like to know what I should do to trigger the event from dropdown UI element. I have 2 dropdowns, one is country and another is region. When I select a country from the dropdown I want to hit the backend ABAP server which would bring back the list of regions related to the selected country. I can set the selected country to the infotype model attribute and then just hit the backend so the backend can then retrieve list of regions.

Since this is ESS it works on FPM framework. I basically want to invoke the read action when dropdown is selected. How do I link read action(which is same as EDIT button click before seeing the addresses screen)? Where do I find read action? Or is there any simple way or calling some method which invokes server round trip?

Can someone also please let me know how do I get selected key of dropdown UI element from action event parameter wdEvent?

Thanks

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen11 on Sep 3, 2009 9:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does it mean that in new BP drop-down triggers an event?

Regards,

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a standard behaviour of ESS package that we have, we found that new version of ESS BP have this country dropdown enabled.

Thanks

Praveen