cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brbackup into a share - but: specified network name is no longer available

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do backup via brbackup plus mkszip into a share. But I do get errors after some time of the type:

BR0278E Command output of 'E:\usr\sap\MFE\DVEBMGS00\exe\mkszip -c F:\ORACLE\MFE\SAPDATA6\BTABD_16\BTABD.DATA16 >
flsback\backup\SAPT1_MFE\onl_full\bebjoinc\BTABD.DATA16.Z':

mkszip: output file "standard output": The specified network name is no longer available.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue has been treated soooo many times here.

the problem is that you create a share called "E" for the user <sap>adm

But the backup is executed from SAP. The jobs are executed by the user that starts SAP services and that is SAPService<SID>.

This user does NOT have access to "E", it will never have access to such mapped drive.

You MUST specify an [UNC |http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/g/unc-name.htm]instead of a mapped drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for asking boring questions

I just see that my subject line is not exact. It should be "brbackup into an UNC path ..."

I know about this SAPServiceUser problem. This is why my backup starts quite good. But it crashes down with that mentioned error - also known as system error 64. This happens after some 30 to 60 minutes and sometimes even later. At that point there has been written al lot of data in that share. And this is why I am not searching for permisssion problems. I should have written down this in my starting post. Sorry.

Thomas