Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 4.6c SR2 on win2003

andre_richter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

I am struggling with an installation of the above. We are doing a migration of 4.6c Oracle from Solaris to Windows to upgrade it in the next step.

As soon as I start the CI instance installation I run into the following error:

Error: R3PISSERVICEMANAGER_NT_IND Substitute Variables

could not load the SAP MMC Snapin DLL

Did you install the SAP MMC Snapin using the program R3DLLINS.EXE

from the Kernel CD?

Error: R3PISSERVICEMANAGER_NT_IND ColdKeyCheck

Phase failed.

Error: Main {}

Installation aborted

I followed notes 976457 and 980981 and downloaded INSORA102_0.SAR and DBATL700O10*.SAR as described, ran the R3 DLLINS.EXE, copied the installation discs to the local c: drive instead of NFS, copied the DLL´s manually, rebooted, used the 4.6D EXT kernel,... can´t remember what else i did... a lot. Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue? Usually I work on UNIX this is my first Windows experience...

Cheers Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andre,

Check your target combination is supported at service.sap.com/pam. Are you using standard sap hetrogeneous system copy procedure? if not, refer to []

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andre_richter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies! we have a certified SAP consultant onsite, the combination is supported cause SAP is involved themselves but on other parts of the project. We do have MMC already installed and a shortcut on the desktop, yes. Furthermore we have a coupple of other systems running on this machine (pretty big blade server with lots of CPU and RAM) and my guess is now that the dll´s needed by the other running systems are blocking the installation of the needed "old" dll´s for 4.6c... Any thoughts on that?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies! we have a certified SAP consultant onsite, the combination is supported cause SAP is involved themselves but on other parts of the project. We do have MMC already installed and a shortcut on the desktop, yes. Furthermore we have a coupple of other systems running on this machine (pretty big blade server with lots of CPU and RAM) and my guess is now that the dll´s needed by the other running systems are blocking the installation of the needed "old" dll´s for 4.6c... Any thoughts on that?

If Windows is not able to replace DLLs during an installation, they are copied in a special "area" and then then asks you to reboot the system. During the restart the DLLs are copied to the destination places.

Welcome to Windows - and it's DLL hell... yuck

You may check the eventlog if you see any information why the MMC snapin can't be loaded. There may also be some MMC.log or MMC.trc in the installation directory giving an idea what's wrong.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

> I am struggling with an installation of the above. We are doing a migration of 4.6c Oracle from Solaris to Windows to upgrade it in the next step.

You're aware that for that kind of migration you must have a certified migration consultant on-site to not loose support for the problems in and after the migration - and for the target system?

http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

--> FAQ

> As soon as I start the CI instance installation I run into the following error:

>

> Error: R3PISSERVICEMANAGER_NT_IND Substitute Variables

> could not load the SAP MMC Snapin DLL

> Did you install the SAP MMC Snapin using the program R3DLLINS.EXE

> from the Kernel CD?

> Error: R3PISSERVICEMANAGER_NT_IND ColdKeyCheck

> Phase failed.

> Error: Main {}

> Installation aborted

you have an MMC shortcut on the desktop of the machine?

Markus