cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager user master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

We set up a solution manager. and we did it on user master(client:001). so we have to recreate a client.

Do we have to intialize the solution manager and reinstall OS software?

regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manami

Client 000 is basically used as working client only when you do support pack upgrade or ABAP load generations (SGEN) and implementing additional languages, etc. Otherwise, client 000 should not be used as a working client. The same applies to client 001. But the only exception with 001 is, with Solution Manager, 001 will be your working client. You will do all configurations and obtain support from SAP through this client. With other Systems like BW and CRM, this client (001) will not be a working client. Two standard users (SAP* and DDIC) are defined in the clients 000 and 001.

If you want to use a new client like 100, just create it via SCC4, login with SAP* (make sure login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=1), than make a SCC9 copy of SAP_USER (if you have already a lot of user master data in 001) from 001 to 100. Than continue to use 100.

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean we can create new client copying client 000 and 001, eventhough we configurated on 001?

Does not it make any affects new client?

Don'T we need to reinstall a solution manager again?(Actually we don't want do it.)

You said that 001 will be our working client with solution manager. But I think 001 is never should be a working client.

Because it is a one of a Master client. isn't it?

Manami

Former Member
0 Kudos

what kind of config have you dont in 001?

If you did customizing I recommend you to copy over SAP_CUST from 001 to 100, that way you keep your 001-customizing

Or if you want custimzing and users from 001 in your new client, take the copy profile SAP_SAP_UCSV

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nesimi

Yes. we did customizing on 001 in solution manager machine. But 001 can not be a working client. Also we did miscustomizing on 001. But we can't delete the client001, because it is a master client.

So we decided to create a new client as working client. So we warry about that the customizing on 001, which is wrong, might affect new client.

Your sound like the customizing on 001, will not affect new client won't it?

I'm sorry about my hollable english, Do you understand me?

Manami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manami

yes I understand you and now I got your point.

I would recommend you to create new 100 client and copy over SAP_CUST from 000 into 100

Checkout SAP Note #337623, about specific questions on this topic

I would not recommend to delete 001. 100 should be your new golden client and I would advise to redo all of your customizing one by one in 100 (cross client and client dependant), this should overwrite all cross-client custiomizing that was made in 001

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nesimi

Thank you .

Ill try to do it.

Manami

Answers (0)