cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing existing Warehouse (Non SUT) to SU Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement from my client to upgrade the present WM setup at the organization. Presently the organization is using WM but "SUT" is not active, now they want to active "SUT". Additionally there are stocks available in the warehouse, storage type, storage location presently so i presume i wont be able to change the SUT Status with stock availability for the present Warehouse Structure.

Any advise on how i should go about implementing this change to the organization. Or as per my understanding, do i have to do the following.

1. Create new warehouse and activate the SU Management

2. Create new storage locations and rest of the master data

If i follow the above option i have a situation where my client has to work with two WH for the same plant, one having SU management and the other not having it.

As requested any procedure which i could follow to implement this change.

Thanks

Shabeen Buhary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shabenn

Your understanding is right regard the SU managed warehouse.First you need to create the warehouse code and activate the SU managment tab at warehouse label.

If business permits then you can delink the old warehoues code in the SPRO - enterprise structure - Assignment - Maintain warehouse code for plant / storage location node

Regards

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

You are correct system wont allow to activate SU management when stock excist.

According to me you can try the following

1. Create new Storage type with SU management in same warehouse

2. Transfer inventory from current storage bin to SU managed bin

3.After completing the migration of stocks delete old storage types from warehouse

Hope it helps

Thanks

Jinoy