cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection opening for SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to give the following connections to SAP and I have few doubts and certain things came to me 1st time and I am not aware how to do it.

Here is the list of the connections I need to give.

1. Could you please create a CQC Support GoingLive Session in the SolMan for their EP system (IPP)? I need to fulfill the checks in this session. Please let me know the SolMan SID and logon information.

1.How to create CQC Support GoingLive Session in Solman?

2. The following remote connections are required for completing the checks.

SMD Access u2013 HTTP connection with UID/PWD. Please let me know if SMD agents have been deployed to your EP servers so that we can use these tools to perform the monitoring.

How to check it and open it.

Wily Access u2013 Normally, Wily Introscope is included in SMD. So please make sure that Wily port is opened for HTTP connection as well from SAPRoute in addition to SMD port. In addition, please make sure if Wily Agents have been pushed to the J2EE hosts of IPP system. I need Wily to monitor EP J2EE engine daily from Tuesday to Thursday.

How to do this adn what is Willy Access.

OS Access u2013 Please open WTS connection for EP hosts and provide the logon user name and password. If IPP hosts are UNIX based instead of Windows based system, please provide me the path for jump on the UNIX for example by Putty tool or xWindow tool. Of course, please let me know the user ID and password as well.

For this can I give windows access of our SOLMAN(installed on wondows). and then give the putty access of our EP system as EP is on HP_UX??..along with the IP and Password.

IPP HTTP connections u2013 Please let me know the URL for Enterprise Portal IPP and J2EE Admin User and Password. I need to use this UID to check J2EE system information to know the landscape as well as access VA (Visual Administrator) tool and ConfigTool to check J2EE related parameters.

I dont have the J2EE_ADMIN password . Can I rest it and give..??..Do it cause any problem?

As well as how to give VA access.

Your suggestions will be highly obliged.

Regards,

PG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

many questions, I can´t answer all of them but I will do my best. Did the support ask you this questions? If yes why don´t ask them?

1. Please have a look on this document

2. SMD is normally installed on your SolMan system: http://solman:59500/smd logon with your solman user account

open the connection to your solman system in SMP (service market place), add this URL and provide user/pw

Wily is a software for monitoring and analyzing your J2EE instances; some links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/de/3d/bdd41a171744569b0b39f141d9d2b3/content.htm

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/diagnostics

Sorry can install Wily on every host, you must know where you installed it

You can see it may be on your SMD as Enterprise Manager under Introscope Agents.

You must know by yourself how you provide the OS access to SAP, store your information in SMP.

Yes if you change administrator pw on your J2EE system is has impact of other applications like visual admin / config tool. Please refer to [this thread.|/message/7740247#7740247 ]

Note: please also use SDN search and google search to anwer your questions by yourself!

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeand,

Thanks for the reply.I am able to provide all the details we have to provide.

SMD is also there on SOLMAN and EP servers.

All I need to know is SAP says "Normally, Wily Introscope is included in SMD. So please make sure that Wily port is opened for HTTP connection as well from SAPRoute in addition to SMD port. In addition, please make sure if Wily Agents have been pushed to the J2EE hosts of IPP system."

As guided by you I checkedWily in

You can see it may be on your SMD as Enterprise Manager under Introscope Agents.

Under SMD I can see SMDagent--under it I can see application,applications.config,bootstrap,configuration,lib,log,temp folders.

Where to see Willy and where to check whether the wily port is open or not..?

Regards,

PG

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you really checked this in the webinterface of smd? Where you have checked this information?

You should find under enterprise manager the server where wily is running. then go to the server and find out under which port wily is running.

Url should be the following:

http://server.domain:port/workstation

this URL and the URL for the smd webinterface you should probide in the SMP under you solman system as additional HTTP connection. Open the URL connection for a period and that´s it

Regards,

Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following link will be helpfull to you in solving your problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a4/a0cd16e4bcb3418efdaf4a07f4cdf8/content.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K