cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info object creation and master data attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I have customerid, customer name, customer address, customer location. Similarly I have buyerid,buyer name, buyer address, buyer location. I have some more fileds like this for seller and vendor. I am thinking of creating a central location for all this master data creating a infoObject with name "personid" and making all the others attributes like "personname", "personaddress", "personlocation". I will load all the details of customer, buyer, seller and vendor to these objects.

The cental idea is to get all the master data to a central location and then create objects with reference to these objects and let all the data flow. so that I just load the central objects and everything takes whatever it wants from there.

Now my questions

1. Can I just create an object for customerid referencing personid and then as all the other attributes get copied, can I just report on it or do I need to again create all the info objects for the customer details? Also the same for all others buyer, seller and vendor.

2. Is this of any problem if I am reporting on customer or vendor or buyer or seller's details?

Please advise me if the above situation works and let me know if I am going wrong.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Visu,

yes, you can do so, should no problem.

business content has this kind of approach,

0sold_to, 0ship_to reference to 0customer.

and also 0employee if i'm not wrong.

one thing to consider if the volume data is very high,

put it as line item dimension in infocube.

hope this helps.