Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Info object creation and master data attributes

Hai All,

I have customerid, customer name, customer address, customer location. Similarly I have buyerid,buyer name, buyer address, buyer location. I have some more fileds like this for seller and vendor. I am thinking of creating a central location for all this master data creating a infoObject with name "personid" and making all the others attributes like "personname", "personaddress", "personlocation". I will load all the details of customer, buyer, seller and vendor to these objects.

The cental idea is to get all the master data to a central location and then create objects with reference to these objects and let all the data flow. so that I just load the central objects and everything takes whatever it wants from there.

Now my questions

1. Can I just create an object for customerid referencing personid and then as all the other attributes get copied, can I just report on it or do I need to again create all the info objects for the customer details? Also the same for all others buyer, seller and vendor.

2. Is this of any problem if I am reporting on customer or vendor or buyer or seller's details?

Please advise me if the above situation works and let me know if I am going wrong.

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question