Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messges are created twice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, This is DS from Korea.

We are testing JDBC to RFC Scenario.

There's something strange that is two message creation.

We are using XI 3.0 with SP16 and other Adapters look fine. Does anyone have idea?

We have two servers and each has their own instance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards DS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DS,

Am not sure i understand your problem exactly. Can you explain what you mean by Messages are created twice?

Have you made sure that the UPDATE STATEMENT in your SENDER JDBC adapter is correct and updating the rows that are selected as a result of your SELECT statement?

Also, check if the Adavnced MODe setting of JDBC adapter has option SERIALIZABLE selected.

Regards,

bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavesh,

Thank for your advice.

The polling time is set to 3600 seconds and messages are created twice almost simultaneously.

Regards

DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI DOng,

Do you have clusters in your SAP XI server?

This generally happens because of clusters.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dong,

We have the same problem because we are using cluster.

THe sql statement is executed on each server of the cluster. The "load balancing" seems not be managed for the jdbc adapter.

I read that to solve you should use an update command to flag the entries, but if you don't have a permission to write on the database it not help... and it also means that for each table to be read you need to add a column for that flag...

If you are not the owner of the database it is not realistic...

Anyone have a idea how to solve this without updating the database table ? (bpm ?, cluster parameters ? install a decentralize adapter engine)

Xe are using XI 3.0 SP15 - Sybase Database - Sybase JDBC Driver 6-05

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think there is no way except adding a column, BPM is also can not deal with this problem. If the integration is necessary, you must to add a column in you DB.

Best Wishes.

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

By the way, how to reward the point?

Message was edited by: Amanda Cao

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the post is originated by you, then you can see the stars against each reply.. Otherwise you can not see the stars against the reply..

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear buddies,

The main problem is that the JDBC sender selects data twice. Because this system is the test one for demo, we don't use flag field which means update statement is useless.

Thanks and regards,

DS

Message was edited by: Dong Suk Choi

Message was edited by: Dong Suk Choi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DS,

The Sender JDBC adapter will poll over your database, and will execute the SELECT statement during every polling interval. Now, as you are not updating the Database table, the select query query will staisfy the condition always and keep selecting the data from the database and so, you will get the message into moni for every polling interval.

Update Statement can be used to update the rows that satisfy the condition of your SELECT statement.

it can be anything like as follows,

select * from tab where condition='true'

update tab set condtion ='false'

This way, the rows satisfying condition will not be selcted twice.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

<i>There's something strange that is two message creation.</i>

Are you able see this 2 messages in the SXMB_MONI ? If so findout what is sender and reciever service for each message. Make usre that your RFC is not sycnhrnous

Also check , as mentioned by ealier post.

Just my views~

Moorthy