cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Disable auto generation of passwords in SU10 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When i create mass users at once in Transaction SU10, the system generates 40-character length passwords, which is quite annoying & difficult for the users.

Is there any option to temporarily disable this, so that we can specify our own password instead ?

Thanks & Regards

Chaithu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

You cannot create users without specifying initial passwords; be it through SU01 or SU10. Also the problem in case of SU10 is that there is no option for supplying password unlike in the case of SU01. So there is no way you can disable password generation and still expect users to be created. the only solution to this is that you reset the password for every user through SU01 before informing them that their user id has been created.You may in this case use a single default initial password.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's a bad solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you request is to create mass users with one specific password -

You can use a catt script and create users with what ever password you want, but you should have one. You can also different password for dif. users. If you need help with catt script for creating user follow the link

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/scat.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nixon,

Thanks a lot for your idea....I used an eCATT script to reset the passwords of all users.

I have given you 10/10.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Chaithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Chaithu,

please can you send me this script!

Best regards

Raymond