Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poll interval with sender comunication channel in many servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody ,

I have a question, we have PI 7.1 and we have the next requirement:

File Adapter Sender->PI->SAP ECC

now the file need to be picked up from 20 different servers, the file is in the same format in all the servers, is there a way in PI 7.1 for the sender file adapter to have a dynamic FTP server so the same CC File Sender can pick up this files from all the servers, or we'll have to generate one CC for each server, thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyody for your answers, so what I'm understanding is that as long as all the directories exist in the same server we could make use of a dyamic directory path, but as long as the directories exist in different servers because of the host or IP adress and user and password this is not possible, am I right?, thanks again.

Regards,

Francisco

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Francisco,

>same server we could make use of a dyamic directory path,

Yes you are right

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Since they are different ftp servers I dont think it is possible to use one communication channel because each ftp has its own address and username and pwd. If they are on the same server then it is possible. For this you can see this:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SingleSenderFileCCForMultipleDirectories

Regards,

--Satish

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Francisco,

Adding to Luis Ortiz

Yes, It is possible by collecting the source files,

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco

Which System use in your server Unix or Windows?

Yes you can.

First option is in your channel in the check box "Advance Selection for source files" add many server.

Second option xyou can try this in your channel go to tab processing in the option " RUN Operatiing system Command" you write a command that collect or your files and send.

Would better you can collect or your files in one directory and with the command pickup the files and use one Channel

Regards.

Edited by: Luis Ortiz on Sep 2, 2009 6:39 PM