cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales documents affected by master data changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

It is a very common practice to change the ship-to address at the document level. It has been going OK until today when I noticed that the change in address at the customer master was immediately affecting the ship-to address in the delivery document that was already created. Please note this is NOT about the form print out.

In this case, the sold-to and ship-to customer number are different.

Would you know which setting affects this behavior?

Thanks

UV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UV,

As per SAP standards, any Master data change will never affect the already created Sales document/delivery document etc..

But the only exception is the Address field. Any master data change in the address field of the customer master will have an impact on the already created Sales document/delivery document etc..

For changing any other field other than the address field in the already created documents, it has to be done manually by going to the document in the change mode.

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per standard, Changes to the address fields will be reflected on newly created documents as well as on all old sales documents

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know the reason why SAP decided to have it this way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you have noticed is as per the SAP standard. If you change the address at the master level it will have its impact on the sales document level as it is going to fetch the data from the master data when ever an transaction is done.

If you change at the sales document level then it is going to have impact only at that document level.

Thansk,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the SAP standard, it will get the address from master data from ADRC table.

Once you master data was changed it will affect the print out. Only fill up the address in Sales document directly is not affected.

to check the propertiies , you have to see the business partner table (VBPA) and you will find VBPA-ADRNR field which store the address detai and check the address indicator in VBPA-ADRDA field whether it get from ADRC address from master or entered in document manually.

Best regards,

Edited by: Chupong Uthayanwuthikul on Sep 3, 2009 8:10 AM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont believe that this will happen in standard.

Maybe somebody has something modified to update sales documents when a material master is changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

Thanks for the reply.

I assume you meant "customer master".

I share the same opinion too. But just not sure where to start. I did not want to start investing time in debugging the standard programs.

Mahesh / Chupong,

I may have to disagree with your observation.

Once an order is created and the address for ship-to is intentionally changed at document level, any subsequent changes to master data must not affect the already existing documents. This is not SAP standard, I believe.

Any other thoughts.

Thanks

UV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UV

I agree with you. I am also of the opinion when the Master data is copied a record is created at the document level for address which gets changed and if any changes at Master data will not have any co-relation with this.

Regards

Yatin Thakkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear U V,

In SAP standard , it has the table ADRC for keeps all the address (eg. customer, vendor, plant, shipping point).

Once new customer is created, it will generate the address in ADRC too.

So when create new sales order , in business partner data , it will point to the same record of ADRC address.

If the SO haven't changed been addess inside directly, I still believe that any change in customer master affect the standard print out.

Changing the address inside the document directly, system will generate the new ADRC record in the system so the address data will not effect when customer master is changed.

Best regards,

Edited by: Chupong Uthayanwuthikul on Sep 4, 2009 8:14 AM