Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA10 Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to restrict tcode PA10 in such a way so that employee who is authorized to this tcode can only able to see data of specific employees.

I know how to restict this tcode on Infotypes but trying to restrict on personnel numbers.

Regards,

Kapilendra Yadav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if time is invested on reading your way through the usage of the objects PLOG, P_ORGNI, P_PCLX, P_PERNR - I am sure you will find your way through

I chose to answer the question ........Sorry, if i wasnt of any help

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if time is invested on reading your way through the usage of the objects PLOG, P_ORGNI, P_PCLX, P_PERNR - I am sure you will find your way through

I chose to answer the question ........Sorry, if i wasnt of any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you considered using structural authorizations? There is a good document out there called "Structural Authorizations Step by Step, with Gotchas too" that you can probably find with Google. Another alternative is the HR940 course which adresses the topic.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see, it is not just me (who has been rejecting your questions...).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go to Tcode:SU21,

Then HR>> there you can list of auth object >>> double click on that >> that will pop up a window>>> now click Display documentation >>> you will get information about that object and the use and few examples..

Cheers

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

More clarity u2026

Letu2019s assume as a manager, I have two people reporting to me.

- I should only be able to view their master data records only

- If the department has a 2nd manager, he or she should not be able to look at my two employees just their respective employees

Can we do this?

0 Kudos

Hello again

Structural authorizations will address this problem. Have a look at Norm and Carls 20 page document at:

http://www.photographybykevin.net/sap/Config_Structural_Authorizations.pdf

./Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your answers.