cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro calculation to change for one particular month of year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query for change in macro. WE have a macro to calculate Target inventory which has same calculation for all through future months for 18 months. Now my user wants to change this all future months calculation would be same except for September every year. Now What function do I use in condition for calculation to check if month is September than do a different calculation.

Thanks

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

As u need to exclude the spetemner month you need to add the code in of clause.

If

new condition

Month(row) = 9

result row

else

result row.

Inthe result row u can do ur calcualtions...

You can do this in a new step for the exception you want to maintain.Hope this will help you.

Let me knw if u have further doubts.

Thanks

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the inputs to my query, however I am still not able to get correct syntax.

I am trying to calcualte row Target Inventory, data is store in monthly buckets. Now in if condition

I need to select month 09 from Months whichs we see in columnns as every September we want fo different calculation in column.

Suntax

I tried using suggested syntax if various forms but did not work. Any more suggestions.

Thanks

KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kv

I am not sure if you have resolved this issue, but if not you can use function MONTH( BUCKET_BDATE( ACT_COLUMN ) ) = '9' where 9 is month of september. That is under if consition use above function it selects month 9 and does required calculation.

for that month. Try this and advice.

Thanks

sivarama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sivarama, that was just in time. I had done some temporary change to work just for this year calculation in November and tried this function it worked.

KV

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SIVA,

You can use If-Else loop for calculation the data.

If month= september(09/YY) then elese.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar Mishra