Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy scenario issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

This is a simple scenario:

soap > PI > Proxy (Sync)

now here is the deal, when pi receives the response from SAP, in the inbound message we are able to see only 1 row in the response.

now when a stand alone test is done @ sap , both from SPROXY and from the se37 we see many other rows as well.

Can some1 guide me on what steps/ line i need to be thinking in?

is this some cache related issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the occurrence in PI, it should be 0..unbound otherwise you will get only one recod eventhough you have multiple entries.

--Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to regenrate the proxy once again and as well as refresh the cache.

you can debugg the proxy as shown here..

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jovani,

Its not related to cache issue. It may be related to the looping issue. When you run in sap through a report you have multiple rows, but while sending to pi you have only row. This may be because the looping to the strcture you are sending is not correct. So ask your abaper to check on this. Also see in xi whether your row occurrence is 1..1 or 0..1. Then you will have only one. If it is this then change it to either 1..unbounded or 0..unbounded and give a try.

Remember if you do any change in proxy, you need to activate in xi and in sproxy also.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Satish,

Here is the thing, The abaper has done a stand alone test from TCode: SPROXY, (on SAP)

he puts in the same request that PI sends in Realtime and in the reponse of the proxy we are able to get back an xml with multiple rows,

When v try to do an end to end test from PI, in MONI in the response payload from SAP , i am able to see just 1 row. the occurace is again unbounded.

is there anyway to debug @ proxy level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jovani,

Please check sxmb_moni in sap or ecc (not in pi) and see the message. Open the message and ask him to send that payload to his program. Also check whether they both are same or not. Please use this blog as reference:

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/12/23/monitoring-for-processed-xml-messages-in-abap-proxy

He can put in debug mode and then can test end to end. So that when you send the data from xi it will stop at his debug point and from there can debug step by step till you see the response sending to xi.

Also debug the proxy using this stefans blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

Issue resolved, the ID from PI to SAP were missing some roles for particular materials, whch is y thy i was not seeing some rows....