cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a Customizable Logo / Image in a BSP Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am developing a BSP Application for a client. My company wants to use this same application for two clients. How can I dynamically change the logo of the company, used in the BSP Application? Say, how can the application administrator, who has access to a customization page, also upload the logo, once the application is transported to his server? Can this be done from within the BSP Application? I believe, we have to import it into the mime folder. But fow?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards

Gladson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where do you store the logo? do you have a application to manage (load/delete) logos in to system?

as far chaing you can write a logical within your application to change the logo based on certain condition.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Can you please eloborate a bit on your suggestion? I have no idea, how to do it. Right now, I am using images imported into the mime of my BSP Application, using SE80.

Thank you.

Regards

Gladson

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me understand.

you have a bsp application which shows a logo.

depending on the user who calls this application the logo has to be different.

is that right?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Not exactly. I am developing a BSP Application for client A and Client B. The same BSP Application is gng to be given to both of them. The administrator of Client A, should be able to upload a logo through the Administrator's page of the BSP Application, which should be visible for all the users in that client. Same goes for Client B.

Please Note: I am not referring to SAP Clients like 000, 201, 800, etc. I am talking about 2 different customers.

I don't want the customer to upload a logo through SE80 into the mime. I want to upload it to the mime or anywhere else, using the admin page of the BSP Application.

Regards

Gladson

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>The administrator of Client A, should be able to upload a logo through the Administrator's page of the BSP Application,</i>

Are you developing this Administrator page as well?

what you could do in your code is just refer to image called logo.gif

Ask Client A to load their image to the BSP application from SE80 in dev (in their server) and ask them to transport to prod.

ask Client B also to do the same.

Both client A and Client B has to upload the image with the same name i.e logo.gif

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the admin page is also developed in the same BSP Application, but only accessible by the user who has admin rights to this application. The admin rights and other rights are maintained in an Z Table. Is there no other way, other than, importing mime using SE80? How about fileupload?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out the following program.

BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS

using this you can upload MIME object to your BSP application from SAP GUI. if you want to do similar operation from BSP application, you may have to use it with file upload , get the binary content and take the code pieces from the above mentioned program to update the MIME repository of your BSP

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Raja.

But then, now i realise that, to import a mime, a request has to be created and since that is not recommended in a Production Environment, I will request the client to use either SE80 or BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS.

PS. I am not able to assign Points.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to directly upload MIMES in Production, the user who runs it should have authorization object S_DEVELOP with activity 01 and OBJTYP = SMIM. But i dont know even after necessary authorization, theuser will be able to upload mime objects directly in production as generally production client status will be set to non-modifiable.

Regards

Raja

Looks like points system is down check back later to close the thread

kaiwalter
Explorer
0 Kudos

This does not seem to work, when a system is set to non-modifiable.

Does anyone have an idea or solution?

Regards,

Kai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gladson,

Check out the following thread.

Regarding your logo display,I think u can program a logical condition in the view using ABAP code.This should work.

regards

Bharat