Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create with reference - Screen settings

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me find where we do settings for the create with reference screen. When we try to create a sales order in VA01 and click create with reference it gives a small pop up on which there are tabs (Order, Inquiry, Quote, etc..). I want to know where we are the settings for this small pop up (create with reference ) screen.

I remember we can change the default tab (ex: Quotes to Order) on the create with reference screen. I am unable to find it now.

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Dear Ron Barry,

Go to the T code VOV8. Select the document type.

GO to General Settings >>

Save the entries.

Go to t code VA01 and check.

Regards,

Nirmal

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

For those that still have this issue. This si because of the copy control settings. If you delete the records in Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document and you leave only records at Copying Control: Billing Document to Sales Document for that particular sales order type, then the window will pop-up at Billing.

What I mean is, if you are creating a Sales Order ZOR and want to have the window right in the BillDoc tab. Then make sure you don't have ZOR records at Inquiry, Quotation, Sales Order, Contract nor schedule Agreements at the copy control.

Hope this is what you were looking for, I know is very annoying this little things at the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've just face the same question and found that its possible to use a couple of user setting parameters :

VRA parameter to set a doc number eg.. 0

VRV parameter to set the default reference type (A-> Inquiry, B->Quotation, C-> Order, G-> Contract)

This is working only for sales order type.

Christophe.

franka
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

i tried the VRV and VRA parameters. It works great BUT only once a session. I have to logoff and logon again from SAp System, otherwise the standard selection "quotiation" is shown in pop up ?!

Can you confirm this behavior?

thx in advance

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron.

Quick question.

Did you ever determine how to change the default tab in the create with reference popup.

I too was thinking there was a way to do this, but hadn't had any luck finding it.

Thanks!

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Ankur,

This setting controls the screen sequence in document CREATE main screen.

My requirement is to change settings in the Create with reference Small pop up screen.

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can avail the use of a transaction variant.

Go to T Code SHDO and create a variant for VA01 and test if you can play around with the setting / layout of the popup screen for the "create with reference".

Hope this helps

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron

To do this you need to maintain copy control with the document types ( that u want to refer during creation of an order) with ur sales document type in VTAA, VTAF etc.

Then you may also customise completion rule in vov7.

Thanks

Chandra

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

VOV8--> reference mandatory is a different function which makes reference mandatory. This will remove all the tabs from the create with reference screen and keep only one tab and thats of the mandatory document.

I just want to know where we do settings for that small pop up screen " Create with reference"

The default tab on create with reference screen is Inquiry when we create Inquiry and Quotation and when we create order the default tab is Quotation and when we create return order the default tab is order. I want to change this setting.

I remember seeing and doing this long time ago. I am unable to find it again.

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VOV8 > Transaction Flow > Screen Sequence Group > Maintain the input as per the Requirement for Quotation , Sales Order.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this setting in the sales document type setting.

Go to VOV8 and select your sales document type.

Over there you will find out reference document.

So if you maintain any setting over there then it will always gives the pop to put your reference number.

Regards

Raj.

michel2018
Discoverer
0 Kudos
I am interested in the possiblity to add the field (purchase order number) into this pop up screen (Create with Reference). Does anybody have an idea how to do that?