cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound plug, confusing error message: no navigational link attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just finished the WebDynpro Quiz tutorial and deployed the application. Unfortunately when pressing the start button the application dumps and I get a stack trace

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: 
Cannot navigate via outbound plug StartQuizOut of view WelcomeView 
because there is no navigational link attached to it 

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.navigate(View.java:349)

indicating that there was no navigational link attached to my plug StartQuizOut. However the link is definitly there.

As sources are not provided I cannot debug into the class named in the trace.

Could someone please give me a hint. I think I did everything according to the tutorial, but I am stuck now.

Regards,

Sebastian Kamp

P.S. I searched this forum for "no navigational link attached"; there are some threads with a similar problem description, but no solution is provided.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zita,

thanks for your answer. I kind of solved the problem. When following the Tutorial I ended up for some reason with two versions of/references on (?) the WelcomeView - one was embedded in the QuizViewSet, the other directly in the Quiz-Window - don't ask me how that happend. Anyway, both were identical except the navigation links. The embedded view had all the navigation links required, the other didn't. So eventually in despair I deleted this view.. and now it works fine.

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

The plugs are connected, I can see the navigation links in the Web Dynpro explorer (below the plug-nodes) as well as in the diagramm.

I also deleted the plugs and links and set up everything again.. but the error remains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you create a viewset? Supposedly, you have a view A. You have added the view A into the viewset. Then,you need to create the link (also the outbound plug) for both the view A inside the viewset and outside the viewset. This is how I solved my error. Hope this can work for you.

Zita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Open corresponding window. Then check that Outbound plug(s) and Inbound plug(s) are <b>linked</b> properly.

VS