SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail:VAT/Tax amount to sales price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how we add VAT/TAX to sales price in SAP IS-Retail.say (12.50 is my VAT/TAX) and my sales is Rs 119/-.I would like to get the bill as Sales(incl.) i.e inclusion of VAT/TAX.how i have to configure to add VAT/TAX to my sales price.

Regards

Swamy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In the sale price calculation schema (standard WWS001), maintain entries as follwoing

EKNN - Net PP - 10 $

AUFS - Markup - x

MWST - Output Tax - 12.5%

Now in VKP5, maintain the final sales price eg $29 .

The margin and Output Tax will be back calculated automatically. $29 will be ur sale prise including tax and will be displayed on the Sales at POS.

Barry

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In the sale price calculation schema (standard WWS001), maintain entries as follwoing

EKNN - Net PP - 10 $

AUFS - Markup - x

The margin and Output Tax will be back calculated automatically. $29 will be ur sale prise including tax and will be displayed on the Sales at POS.

Barry

0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

How i am getting $29 as my sales price.whats the value i have to assume for AUFS condition type to get 29$(SP)

EKNN - Net PP - 10 $

AUFS - Markup - x

Regards

Swamy

0 Kudos

Hi,

goto t-code VKP5, and enter the Final sales price as 29$.

AUFS ie MArgin and Tax will be back calculated to ur purchse price.

Barry

0 Kudos

Hi barry,

Can you explain me how we add VAT/TAX to sales price in SAP IS-Retail.say (12.50 is my VAT/TAX) and my sales is Rs 119/-.I would like to get the bill as Sales(incl.) i.e inclusion of VAT/TAX.how i have to configure to add VAT/TAX to my sales price.Explain me with the above example.I dont understand how VAT/Tax condition types, in which schema do we take.how it is calculating the sales price including TAX/VAT.Hope for clear answer.

Regards

Swamy

0 Kudos

Dear Swamy,

You have to use TAXINN / TAXINJ pricing procedure as well as Retail Pricing Procedure.

Path: IMG - Logistics - General - Retail Pricing - Sales Price Calculation

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi,

I asked the condition type for VAT/TAX not the procedure.You give the procedure what i have to do with the procedure?try to explain me the complete answer for the query not line answers.

bye

Swamy

0 Kudos

Hi,

You look a bit confused.

Unless you understand the whole concept of Pricing procedure and condition types, it will be difficult for you.

The condition type i use is MWST - Output Tax. This condition type must be added in ur Pricing procedure.

Enter the value for this condition type ie 12.5%, you can do it as the Sales Org level. Do this by going to t-code VK11.

After doing this, you have ur condition type and its value 12.5% asssigned to ur sales price cal procedure. Now make sure that you use this sales price cal procedure to do ur sales pricing.

As explained before, goto t-code VKP5 and enter the final sales price. The marging and Tax will be back calculated.

eg Your purchase Price was 50, and u enter sales price as 119, then tou would see something like this when u see the analysis view.

EKNN - - 50.00

AUFS 129.3% - 64.67

MWST 12.5 - 114.67

Sales Price - 129.00

Now here, you had entered MWST = 12.5% in VK11 and sales Price 129 in VKP5.

The MWST Value and Marin % are automatically back calculated. and you can see that Tax of 12.5% is incl in sales price of 129.

0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I didnt understand yet this line can you explain me it clearly

"The MWST Value and Marin % are automatically back calculated. and you can see that Tax of 12.5% is incl in sales price of 129".How it is calculated in back?

Regards

Swamy

0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

This is simple maths.

Suppose :

Purchase Price = 50$

Margin = x%

Tax = 12.5 %

Sales Price = 129$

Now using the values and simple maths u can calculate the Tax amount and Margin 'x' %. This will give u

A. Purchase Price = 50$

B. Margin = x% = 129.3% = 64.67$

C. SP Before Tax = 114.67 $ (A+B)

D. Tax = 12.5 % = 14.33$ (Calculated on Basis C )

E. Sales Price = 129$ ( C+D )

The same thing happens in SAP. You can configure as i explained. Then whe u will do sales price calculation using t-code VKP5, you will need to enter the sales price ie 129$, the margin% and Tax will be back calculated.

Back calculation means from E to B.

Hope this is clear for you.

- Barry

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to carry out backward calculation.

For your example:

Sales Price = Rs. 119.00

VAT Amount = (119.00 x 12.50) / 112.50 = 13.22

Other Example

Say MRP Price is Rs. 109.00

Discount @ 25% = Rs.27.25

Price / Unit = Rs. 81.75

Net amount including VAT @ 4% = 81.75

VAT Amount = (81.75 x 4) / 104.00 = 3.14

Hope this info will suffice your requirements.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi muralidhara,

i understand the examples but can you tell me the settings (pre and post) in IMG and easy access.I want to know the configuration for VAT/TAX to my sales price

Regards

Swamy

0 Kudos

HI ,

My client has same required ,

I tried enter the price by using vkp5 ,

the system throws an error saying condition (PB00)in BKJIND is not maintaned and ,I tried to enter the vendor info record and checked the condition type as relevent to pricing ,but it shows the same error ,

could you please help me out on this ,

and I would like to know what and from where exactly eknn price will be picked

thanks in advance ...