cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service posting via SOAP.request - Security settings prevent access...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to call a web service via the SOAP.request object in javascript embedded into my Interactive Form. I've successfully done this with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 trial version however now I'm having this issue on a production setup. The PDF generates fine and I can fill out the form and everything. I checked the properties of both PDF documents (one that works from the trial and one that doesn't from the prod box) and they are the same, expect the one that works is PDF Version 1.6, and the one that doesn't is PDF Version 1.7.

Here's the client-side error:

Acrobat EScript Built-in Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat Annotations / Collaboration Built-in Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat Annotations / Collaboration Built-in Wizard Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat Multimedia Version 8.0

Acrobat SOAP 8.0

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.

SOAP.request:31:XFA:data[0]:mainform[0]:btnRelease[0]:click

Here's the snippet of JavaScript code:

var response = SOAP.request();

Here are the security properties of the malfunctioning PDF:

Security Method: No Security

Can be Opened By: All versions of Acrobat

Printing: Allowed

Document Assembly: Not Allowed

Content Copying: Allowed

Content Copying for Accessibility: Allowed

Page Extraction: Not Allowed

Commenting: Allowed

Filling of form fields: Allowed

Signing: Allowed

Creation of Template Pages: Allowed

How do I determine what the culprit is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Please check if you have installed Reader Rights credential in your production box as any Interactive Form (such as one you are developing) is licensable.!!

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the exact steps to check? Also, what am I looking for? The Reader Rights credential is installed, but perhaps something else needs to be done.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

On Adobe website Stefan Cameron mentions that you need to enable Reader Extensions, hence I asked you to check.

Also can you for my information let me know is this a form designed in LiveCycle Designer or an AcroForm created in Acrobat Pro?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's designed in the SAP Gui (ABAP) with the LiveCycle Designer being executed from the "Layout" tab.

I will try and look for info on Reader Extensions. Does something like this cost extra? Would it be another license to be purchased and installed on the NetWeaver box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I can save the PDF and edit the fields without any problems, so the PDF is editable. The only problem is when calling this SOAP.request method.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

PDF Version 1.6 means Adobe Reader 7.0.x family and PDF version 1.7 means Adobe Reader 8.0.x or 9.0.x if I am not wrong.

Also if you check LiveCycle Designer Help (Using LiveCycle Designer ES > Working with Data Sources > About data sources > Working with data connections) it clearly says that with LiveCycle Designer 8.0 secured web services are not supported and there are additional security settings for Reader 8.0 onwards, that may be causing the issue.

Chintan