cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender in real time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in past I've read some blogs about JDBC sender that selects data in very short intervals like seconds and msecs. I can't not find it any more. Do you know where to find it, or do you have any suggestions how to realize something like that and what are potential pitfalls.

thanks

mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

As Proof of concept I had a chance to do JDBC sender adapter - PI 7.11 -that selects data in very short intervals like seconds and msecs. It was great success,

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slopar,

It all depends upon the polling interval and the data you have in production database. You can change your polling interval according to your needs. Please check this sap help:

Poll Interval (secs): Number of seconds that the adapter must wait if no files are found for processing.

Poll Interval (msecs): Additional waiting time in milliseconds.

If Poll Interval (secs) is set to null, processing times will be short and close to real time.

If Poll Interval (secs) and Poll Interval (msecs) are set to null, the adapter is only called once.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I'm aware of this, but how can I set poll interval to be closest to real-time? Wahat are pros and cons? And there was one beautiful blog about this topic.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slopar,

Once again it all depends upon your client requirements. But on a higher note:

If your database guys put data every minute and if you want to post data once a day then probably you can put a high time interval. But if they want to post in sap real time then you will put less time interval. In this case if you have large data and less time interval, at one point you will have so many messages in xi and may run into issues like backlogs. So if one message is struck by any chance, then all your messages are struck behind it. Sometimes you may end up clearing all of these queues manually. Then its a pain. Hence try to have an interval which would be ideal for both of these scenaios.

Regards,

---Satish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have very small poll interval. It would be like real time but then do you have so much load that it should pick the records so frequently? If its not a huge load, increase the polling interval as it would continuosly lock one jdbc thread for connection.

Regards,

Prateek