cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICF and SOAMANAGER for using enterprise services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to publish enterprise services from my ERP backend to the Services Registry on my PI server.

According to the tutorial (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20b723f8-a422-2c10-aca5-fe64eeda1ff2), I have to first activate the services in SICF and create endpoints for the corresponding services in SOAMANAGER.

I suppose, only after that I could publish the configured services in SR using WSPUBLISH, right?

Now, if let say I want to publish all enterprise services in my ERP backend, I have to select all the services in the WSPUBLISH, as stated in the instructions of the tutorial (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/108ef7ba-8abd-2a10-f787-d5f29c5f1b88). But the problem is, do I need to configure every single enterprise services using SOAMANAGER? If not, only the service definitions would be published?

Hopefully someone could clear my doubts.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my experience, there is no need to configure standard SAP services and you can publish them directly using WSPUBLISH (chose endpoint option).

I did it for many Enterprise services and it was working fine, for few services I need to configure endpoint but for rest they are working fine.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for the tip.

So how can I check whether the enterprise service has endpoint before I publish it? This is because I have tried to publish one enterprise service and I only found out that there is no endpoint defined after I searched for it in the Services Registry. This is some sort of trial and error way I guess.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Only after setting up End points, Web Services become consumable. So you should publish Web Services with End points only to the ES Registry.

You will see the Web Services with End points in SICF; you can see a node below the client for End point/s.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I could not see any nodes for end points in the SICF. So I manually created a service endpoint in SOAMANAGER and then published it to the Services Registry via WSPUBLISH. However, I was surprised to see two endpoints (one was created by me) in the Services Registry.

The service is "ECC_PURCHASEORDERCRTRC" and there are two endpoints for it in the Services Registry:

1. ECC_PURCHASEORDERCRTRC_Binding (created by me)

2. PurchaseOrderCreateRequestConfirmation_InSoapBinding

When I open the service in SOAMANAGER and navigate to the "Configuration" tab, I only see the endpoint from me (with "Manually Created" for Creation Type).

I wonder if the 2nd endpoint was created automatically during the service publishing?

Regards,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I have not described my problem clearly.

Do we need to configure endpoint for every ECC enterprise service before we can publish them to Services Registry for consumption? Or, are these endpoints automatically created when we publish the corresponding enterprise services?

Regards,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Do we need to configure endpoint for every ECC enterprise service before we can publish them to Services Registry for consumption?

Yes, you will have to create an end-point for any service that you want to make available for consumption. However, you can of course publish services without end-points to the service registry - in which case, they will not be marked as "configured". Such non-configured services cannot be consumed.

>>Or, are these endpoints automatically created when we publish the corresponding enterprise services?

End-points are not created when you publish the services to the service registry. You must create one before publishing.