cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create materials on Vendor Location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have cifed my Vendor as an APO location

I would like to CIF materials so they can be automatically created under this vendor location

Is it enough to CIF the Purchase info record for the material/vendor?

I have active model for PIR but my materials are not created under this vendor location

Thanks for your advice

EL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask your abaper to develop a program to upload through flat file by using BAPI BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2.

We are using it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you CIF purchase info record then it will only create T-lane and you have to manually go and extend the product at vendor location else use LSMW program for the extension. Once this is done don't forget to assign it to an active model.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask your abaper to develop a program to upload through flat file by using BAPI BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2.

We are using it.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somanath and Kishore,

I logged in to thank you guys personally... Special thanks to Somanath, i followed your steps and they match my exact requirement. Only issue is when I try to use  /SAPAPO/DM_PRODUCTS_POST in my BADI on APO side, and  when I try to debug the queue from SMQ1, I get an error stating that "Insert of duplicate records SQL error" as dump of this FM and the queue stops. So is there anyway around this. Also BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 used by Kishore looks good but it would be helpful if you would let me know which importing tables to use in this BAPI. My goal is to create a product location in APO, provided the product and the location already exist.

sandeep_mandhana
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

You can not create Material at Vendor Location via CIF. CIFing Purchasing Info record creates Transportation Lane in SCM.

The only way forward is to use (/SAPAPO/MAT1 - Product) to create Product Master at Vendor Location.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please do remember to run Planning Area Initialization after creating Material and Vendor location manually.

Pavan Sarda

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to do development , then you can use APOLoader (refer to OSS note 551972) or LSMW to extend your materials to the vendor (location)

Regards,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EsterLeen ,

You can use the Customer Exit APOCF012 (EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PPM_001) you can automatically create the product masters when the subcontractor PPM is transferred and you can automatically assign models.

For more information and for example coding see SAP Note 483358

Hope it is useful

Regds,

SCMBEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

You need to create integration models & CIF all required

vendor material relevant data where planning needs to be

performed.

Purchase info record will generate transportation lane.

If you need your vendor location also to be part of source

of supply, you need to maintain PPM/PDS etc., depending

upon your business requirement.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge you can not CIF materials to Vendor location by setting up integration models in R/3 or ECC.

In order to extend the products to Vendor locations in APO enhancement in CIF needs to be carried out.

The main steps are:

1. If you have Purchasing Inforecords from Vendor CIFed to APO you can enhance the Outbound CIF Source of Supply Structure CIFSRCCUS in R/3 User Exit CIFSRC01 to include fields required for Product.

2. The R/3 exit needs to populate suitable field values in the output structure.

3. Same way inbound structure /SAPAPO/CIFSRCCUS on APO needs to be enhanced to include the same product master fields coming from R/3.

4. Then on APO side Procurement BADI /SAPAPO/PWB_TPSRC_IN needs to be coded to capture the product related information coming over from R/3 and create Product Master at Vendor location in APO.

To create the product master at vendor location in APO use /SAPAPO/DM_PRODUCTS_POST and /SAPAPO/DM_MODEL_POST (to include location-product to Model 000).

Hope this helps.

Somnath